Monday, June 27, 2011

Life post-Valentine's Day

Thanks to a much-needed, super-encouraging, and tongue-in-cheek chastising! ;) email from my muse Mrs. E-Parrish, I realized I needed to post an update on life since Valentine's day...

Without going into extreme detail, in the past 4 months we have: visited D.C. for a long weekend in February, trekked up to Banner Elk, NC in March to visit Kate and Jeremy, celebrated 10 birthdays (Bo, Daddy, Megan, Erica, Ursula, Papaw, Nathan, Mike, Me, and Jared), attended or been involved with in some way six weddings (Jon and Rachel, Jay and Shannon, Kendall and Travis, Drew & Tiffany, Beth and Billy, Zaheer and Sara), attended about 8 million bridal and baby showers (not listing these), survived my last round of law school exams EVER!, graduated from law school, and celebrated our first anniversary. Plus, studying for the bar and getting ready for Erin and Bo's wedding has consumed my life right now.

Did I mention we were without power all week last week? Thank you, weird Knoxville weather.

We did have such a fun weekend this past weekend in Chattanooga celebrating Jared's 30th birthday! We had some delicious pizza from Lupi's on Friday night, spent Saturday afternoon on the lake (I've got bruises to prove it!), and then had a delicious grilled dinner Saturday night. I'm still stuffed from all the food we ate!

Here are a few (and by "a few" I mean "many") photo highlights over the past several months:
Rachel & Jon's Shower!
On our weekend up to D.C. to visit Bo, it could NOT have been colder/windier. We had on so many layers it was ridiculous, but with Bo as our guide, we survived.

Watch out, Bob...it looks like someone wants your job :)

Rachel and Jon's wedding in March was beautiful! And such a fun reception!
With my own handsome groom (of - gasp! - over a year now!)
The next weekend we headed to Banner Elk, NC to see Kate and meet Jeremy - they were wonderful hosts!
It was my first hike since I had dislocated my kneecap, and boy was I out of shape.
In April we started the festivities for Beth and Billy's wedding with her first shower at Mom and Daddy's :)

Then we celebrated the next weekend with a Derby Party at Connor's - we had such fun with our dresses, sangria (not mint julips!), and hats!
The next week we celebrated Kendall and Travis' upcoming wedding with a fun Lingerie shower at Libby and Ursula's. Yummy food and a really fun evening :)
And finally, it was time to graduate...the day before graduation (and, notably, the day of the evil awful, horrible, no good, very bad Secured Transactions exam) the law school hosted a BBQ reception. We made it, albeit looking quite bedraggled after the weeks of lack of sleep and brain drain.
Then, after 3 years - we FINALLY graduated! :)
With the next future attorney in the family...except he'll probably just show up and they'll give him the degree. That's how Bo's life goes these days ;)



The first weekend in June we celebrated more wedding festivities with Beth and Billy!
Nathan and I were one of like two couples that actually danced at the reception...but seeing as how we only knew about 5 people there, we didn't care!
The new Mr. and Mrs. Kilbey.
And despite having millions of pictures from everything else we did in the past 4 months, we managed to have NO pictures of either of our birthdays or our anniversary. Guess we were just too tired from everything else to bother!

And finally, the weekend spent celebrating 30 years of Jared. He doesn't LOOK old??!
The delicious raspberry chocolate cake from Sugarbuzz - Ahmazing!
On Saturday we clearly worked hard out on the lake.
So hard, in fact, that our hair took on new personalities...
Our blonde boys...before they spent the evening smoking their cigars and before Lochlin turned green.
We enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner that Lilas and Jared put together. Everything from Bon Appetit Ribeyes to Saffron chicken...and we can't forget the "fruit salad" sangria that Megan could not get enough of ;) As Megan said so appropriately to Lochlin, "I may be drunk, but you're stupid."

3 comments:

  1. haha, I know ;) I'm still a week behind. It took me almost a week to put this one together...lol. But I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I loved reading it ALL!! You were much more efficient than my "under construction" posts - I created in efforts to make for lost blogging events ;)

    Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete