Thursday, February 3, 2011

So it's been a while...

...since my last post. I started out blaming exams, then the holidays, and then a dislocated knee. Excuses, excuses. So rather than try to do a 2 month update, I'm just going to pick up where I am now.

I got the results from my MRI yesterday, and the good news is no surgery (long story short, I dislocated my knee 3 weeks ago walking. No, not skiing, not running, hiking, nor riding...walking). The bad news is they don't really know what's wrong, just that my knee is out of place, and I'm being sent to therapy (physical therapy, not the other kind). Fat lot of good that $600 MRI did me. Essentially, what I read that to mean is "no torn ACL = I can get back in my workout routine." My competitive streak has been quite challenged the past few weeks, as Nathan is seriously making me look bad. Literally. He looks like he's got an upper body now that's starting to resemble Matthew McConaughey, and I've had three weeks to develop an upper body that's beginning to resemble Oprah. Not fair.

Recently, I've been able to spend more time back at the barn (which is actually where I dislocated the knee), and it's really made me pine to be back in the saddle. While Lex is more than content to live the life of a retired jumper, he has started to come back to reality now that Maddie Thompson has started working with him. She's doing a fabulous job (and Lex is pretty picky about who he likes!), and I'm really excited to see them start to work together.

Speaking of Mr. Lex, he finally got the chance to be a professional model this past weekend (his true calling). Elizabeth Priddy and I rode together wayyyyy back in the day at Penrose. Well, fast-forward 10 years or so, and now Elizabeth is a professional equestrian photographer in Nashville. I've been stalking her work, and - thanks to Facebook - have constantly been coveting the beautiful equestrian portraits she creates. Well, it turns out that she needed a couple of "snow models" for a professional shoot that she was doing. Somehow, Lex and I made the cut, and we spent this past Sunday traipsing around Presidio Farm, changing outfits, laughing (a lot of laughing), and trying to get Lex to "pose" for the camera. Although there wasn't any snow, Elizabeth needed some particular lighting shots for a portfolio she's working on, so we got to be the lucky ones she used. Kristen Hutson takes the MVP award for being "most likely to get Lex to pose for the camera." Hopefully, we'll get another good snow and can head back out around the farm for some more of her fabulous pictures. I've gotten a sneak peak at what she did this past weekend, and as soon as I get the go-ahead I will definitely post some!

No comments:

Post a Comment