Monday, October 25, 2010

A Marvelous Monday

While Mondays are not usually something I look forward to, they're actually one of my favorite week days - mainly, because my Mondays are usually spent at the office, with only one class in the afternoon and small group on Monday nights. So that means I'm only running to 3 places instead of the typical 5-6 for the rest of the week. After a wonderful weekend in Birmingham with Erica, however, I still had to throw some sort of rough draft together for my Law, Science, and Technology paper by this afternoon. Considering the fact that I haven't even finished researching for my paper, this was going to be a rough, rough draft.

So I was not looking forward to this Monday at all. Imagine my joy, however, at getting an email at 8:00 am extending our deadline from today until next Monday. It came completely unsolicited and was actually our professor admitting that he overbooked his schedule and wouldn't have a chance to read the drafts until after next week. After last week's insanity of deadlines and clinic-emergencies, it was a wonderful and unexpected break. So now my rough draft is only going to be marginally bad, rather than a complete train wreck. There are fewer things that interest me less than an obscure loophole in Copyright reversionary interests that causes a potential conflict with estate rights. Once it's finished I'll publish an abstract, just in case anyone who reads my blog suffers from insomnia...

Oh, and a final happy note for my Monday morning was seeing one of Erin and Bo's engagement shots from this weekend. I know it's not my wedding, but I'm so excited that I have to post Erin's profile pic :)

1 comment:

  1. it WAS a marvelous monday, at least until your mother arrived!!

    ReplyDelete